Teacher Training: Suzuki Early Childhod Education (SECE)
Suzuki Early Childhood Education (SECE) is based on the premise that the potential for every child is unlimited. Suzuki Early Childhood Educators work in partnership with parents to create a stimulating learning environment.
ASI will be offering Stage 1 SECE training in 2019
There are 5 stages of SECE teacher training. Each stage focuses on the common curriculum found on the “Lullabies, Action Songs, and Rhymes”, SECE curriculum recording, in a five day, 30 hour course, including daily observation and participation in Suzuki Early Childhood classes and pedagogy sessions.
SECE Intro Video from Little Music, Canada
Prerequisites for Trainees:
1. Complete Every Child Can!
2. Be active members of the Suzuki Association of the Americas
3. Be able to sing in tune, keep a steady beat.
4. Study the songs and rhymes of the SECE curriculum “Lullabies, Action Songs, and Rhymes” CD and be prepared to perform the songs and rhymes during the SECE training classes.
5. Stages should be taken in order.
Recommended, but not required: two years of Suzuki training on an instrument, or college training in early childhood education, with a minimum of two years teaching experience.
Prerequisite Reading for Trainees:
• Nurtured by Love by Shinichi Suzuki
• Ability Development from Age Zero by Shinichi Suzuki
• Lullabies, Action Songs and Rhymes Handbook by Dorothy Jones
• Any class literature provided by trainer prior to the start of the course.